Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
baxters
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,057Gear list
Like?
Re: Best MILC for Complete Photography Novice
In reply to Haplo859, Jan 24, 2013

Haplo859 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm sure you guys get this question all the time so I hope you don't mind pointing me in the right direction. I am looking to upgrade my camera, the primary use is for travel photography. I currently either just use my iPhone or Canon Powershot SD750

Huh. I used to shoot a Canon SD750. Loaned it out and it came back with a frozen up lens. From there I went to an SD1100, whiich was good til I lost it.  So then on to the SD4000, which was a disappointment, despite the great DPR review. Too many MP in a tiny sensor. The Elphs were always a camera to keep in a pocket.

I will tell you, any of the four cameras you suggest will blow the Elphs away. as they should.

This is what my list of options looks like so far (I've also included the best price that I was able to find each camera at)

Sony Alpha NEX-C3 - $365
Sony Alpha NEX-F3 - $450
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 - $405
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 - $410

I would be pleased with any of these.

While the folks who are telling you to look at XZ1's, R100's and the like are only looking out for you, I say jump into the MILC world. Spend some money and learn about photography. Worst case, you buy an extra lens for a few hundred bucks and realize it's not for you.

baxters's gear list:baxters's gear list
Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow