Fujifilm warranty is absolutely horrible!

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,169
Like?
Re: Fujifilm warranty is absolutely horrible!
In reply to fiftymm, Jan 24, 2013

fiftymm wrote:

Zardoz wrote:

fiftymm wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "normal". This is supposed to be a professional camera,

What do you mean, exactly, by "professional camera"? It's clearly not in the same build class as Nikon/Canon/et al.'s "professional cameras" (which can be supported by a specialized professional service department (e.g. NPS), a service Fuji doesn't offer).

The local Fujifilm service center told me that they don't handle repairs of the X Pro-1 as all pro cameras have to be sent to NJ. Not to mention, Fuji does call this a pro camera in the very name. But hey, a Nikon D700 is also not a pro camera, and neither is a D300 - which I've dropped onto the concrete side walk before.

But this is really besides the point - even a supposed impact (again, I don't know if it did happen) should not void the warranty on every item of the camera, including things that have nothing to do with the suppose area of impact!

I'll tell you what Pro service is. When I sent my 1Ds in to fix back focus problem, they offered me next day shipping and a replacement body. Also, when my 70-200 2.8L fell on the concrete pavement, the only thing that broke was the B+W filter.

The PRO in XPro1 stands for PROsumer, at best.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow