Best MILC for Complete Photography Novice

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,015Gear list
Like?
Re: Best MILC for Complete Photography Novice
In reply to gamarala, Jan 24, 2013

gamarala wrote:

Sony C3 and F3 have better / bigger sensors than GX1 and GF5. Hence, better in low light. In M.4/3, Olumpus EPM2 and EPL5 are closer to NEX in image quality. I previously had a NEX C3 and currently have an EPM2. I had no issues with either one.

I've had similar experiences. My old E-PL1 remains my favorite camera. And the smaller size, choice and quality of most m43 lenses are legendary. Now I just bought the newest NEX 5R body from a Future Shop for $299 ! (some greedy 'customer' had stolen it's lens!)  It's a really outstanding camera, very awesome in it's capabilities. But where are the lens choices for NEX? They just announce a new f2.8 20mm (who needs it when you can get the Sigma 19 for half the price?) And yet another 18-210, as though 3 already wasn't enough? Nex needs an 85 badly...and a 135 prime. This is why I keep buying m43 lenses.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow