Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,124Gear list
Like?
Re: X-trans sensor problem?
In reply to Zardoz, Jan 24, 2013

Zardoz wrote:

viking79 wrote:

This is from the linked blog "Here is the example of JPG without and with exaggerated sharpening to better see the problem." edit: I presume the posted one is with the added sharpening.

They are puposefully exaggerating the problem. I agree, the problem is there, not denying it, but there are ways to mitigate it. As your example clearly shows the problem is with Adobe ACR and not the sensor itself (as I presume the right image is from Fuji converter in camera?).

It is quite clear from context that the quote is not attached to the images embedded in the blog post, but to images supplied via email to the blog author which we're not privy to.

The problem is your picture clearly shows the Fuji implementation is better at dealing with those artifacts, but the blog owner tries to pin this on Fuji.

"A product is the total package. Having a newfangled sensor in a camera is 1/2 of the product, the other half being high quality RAW conversion support required for the innovative sensor design. Hence the product has been shipped unfinished."

And other similar comments, he isn't helpful at all in how you can reduce the problems at all in Adobe Lightroom (change sharpening settings).  The blog is trying to pin this on Fuji and spinning it in the worst possible light.  Maybe has a vendetta against Fuji, or just wanting to get attention on his blog.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow