Any focusing issues on the new 5D Mark 111?

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
MASTERPPA
Contributing MemberPosts: 859
Like?
Re: Any focusing issues on the new 5D Mark 111?
In reply to Bangers and Mash, Jan 24, 2013

I would say the 5DIII has a edge. It is amazing how many quality issues Nikon is having with the D800 and D600. No camera is perfect with AF and I am sure between even 5DIII, some are better then others. But all things being equal, I feel safer shooting weddings with my 5DIII then any D600 or D800

I am sure in a few months, Nikon will have it worked out.

Bangers and Mash wrote:

It has been a toss up with me regarding the Canon 5D Mark 111 and the new Nikon D800E, until I read some horror stories coming out of the Nikon camp about Asymmetric focusing issues, and according to a report from photographylife.com, it is a definite problem

Nikon D800/800E focusing issue

Apparently there are more than just a few that have this issue. Great isn't it. You pay thousands of dollars for a camera and get hit with this. That has certainly soured the milk for me. So, any similar issues with the Canon counterpart? Man, I sure hope not. I haven't ready about any as yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't any. What's the verdict here guys?

Cheers

Wayne

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow