Fujifilm warranty is absolutely horrible!

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
shigzeo ?
Senior MemberPosts: 1,204Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujifilm warranty is absolutely horrible!
In reply to fiftymm, Jan 24, 2013

fiftymm wrote:

I got off the phone today with their repair center in Edison NJ. I sent them my X Pro1 because A MECHANICAL SWITCH to toggle the OVF/EVF occasionally fails.
They denied my warranty claim, as they claim that there was impact damage because there is a scratch/crack on the front of the view finder. They then gave me this estimate:
Estimate Charge ($) 860.26 Shipping Charge ($) 18 Tax ($) 77.95 Total Charges ($) 956.21!! $956!!!
TO FIX A SWITCH!!
Even if the the front glass was damaged due to a "impact" (which I do not remember, which is not to say that it didn't happen somewhere), it is in a different part of the camera.
Mind you, I'm not asking them to replace the glass on the view finder - that doesn't bother me - it's that this supposed "impact" has voided the entire warranty of every part of the camera, including items that should have nothing to do with the supposed area of impact! Additionally, the camera body is only 3 months old, and is in mint condition - not a scratch on it - except the view finder (I'll see what they're talking about when I get the camera back).
Fuji makes beautiful cameras, but you may all want to buy a from a vendor that honors their own warranties.

That is ridiculous if true. There must be someone to contact who is less reticent about destroying customer image. I've been stung by horrible CS before, but not to the tune of a brand new item price.

shigzeo ?'s gear list:shigzeo ?'s gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow