What's your favorite camera set-up and why? Body, Lens, Filters, Accessories....GO!

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
hikenhi
Regular MemberPosts: 498Gear list
Like?
Re: What's your favorite camera set-up and why? Body, Lens, Filters, Accessories....GO!
In reply to JoeDaBassPlayer, Jan 24, 2013

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

That is different from my favorite but I like what you do with it. WOW!

For me, it is the K 01 body. I shoot DNG RAW with highlight correction and moderate shadow comp. (Please see accessories)

lenses are the DA21 and XS40

my accessories are fast Sandisk cards and my small Manfrotto Bella 2 bag.

I will add my laptop with Adobe PSE 6. It can do almost perfect, auto batch processing on RAW files from the K 01.

-- hide signature --

Variance is Evil!

90% of getting the rich color and not blowing your highlights is using a circular polarizer and knowing how to use it correctly to get the maximum "Oh & Ah."  Read up on "Bewsters Angle"  Also, I always use the Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4 to process my RAW files to JPEGs  Trust me on this one!  It's the biggest mistake that most people make using something like CS-something or some RAW converting software to convert their RAWs to JPEGs.  I've done comparisons and nothing produces sharper JPEGs than the software that came with your camera.   I then typically use CS6 to "Auto Contrast" the pictures and increase the hightlights a little.  That's about 99% of what I typically do.

hikenhi's gear list:hikenhi's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow