ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skutters
Regular MemberPosts: 359
Like?
Need advice on my new Dell 2713HM
Jan 24, 2013

Hi,

I have recently bought a Dell 2713HM and a small Dell i5 vostro just to use for photoshop i have keep my other computer for surfing the net games etc.  The Vostro is connected via the DVI the other machine via VGA the monitor is set on Standard, when i go from one machine to the other the pictures look different and when i go into the menu and select SRGB the old machine looks the same as Standard but on the new machine the picture goes dark and less contrasty.

I have not done any adjusting and when i go into the menu the Brightness and Contrast settings are different for the two machines old machine Brightness 75 Contrast 74 New Machine Brightness 32 Contrast 51 why would that be?.  Also i would have thought that i should have the monitor set on SRGB when working on my pictures as all my images are taken in SRGB but as i say the picture is very dull with no contrast in SRGB pre-set.

The images look something like right in Standard pre-set it's just why have i got the differences between the two machines and why does SRGB pre-set not look right on the new one.

Any advice on how i should be using this Monitor would be great.

Regards,  Kev.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow