Lightroom 4 Trial - Wrong Install - Need to re-install Full ver. or???

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 910Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom 4 Trial - Wrong Install - Need to re-install Full ver. or???
In reply to Pelagic, Jan 23, 2013

Pelagic wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

Mark,

Thank you for answering my question in such a nice manner.

Is there a way to setup LR so the .lrprev files are not in my "Picture" folder. I like to use that to browse photos.

Thank you very much.

TVSTAFF

LR help actually gave us an answer.

Copy or move a catalog

1. Locate the folder that contains the catalog and preview files. In Lightroom, choose Edit > Catalog Settings (Windows) or Lightroom > Catalog Settings (Mac OS).
  2. In the Information area of the General panel, click Show to go to the catalog in the Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac OS).
  3. Copy or move the catalog.lrcat and Previews.lrdata files to the new location.
  4. (Optional) Copy or move your image files to the new location.
  5. Double-click the .lrcat file in the new location to open it in Lightroom.
  6. (Optional) If Lightroom cannot find folders or photos in the copied or moved catalog, a question mark appears by folder names in the Folders panel or in photo thumbnails in the Grid view. To restore folder links, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) a folder with a question-mark icon and choose Find Missing Folder. To relink individual photos, see Locate missing photos.
Important: Before copying or moving a catalog and preview files, back them up.
-- hide signature --

ted
::::;;;;

Thank you very much!

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow