Sad day today - sold my D40

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Scorpio_2005
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Keep your faithfull beloved ones with you
In reply to whiggy, Jan 23, 2013

I got my D40 in April 2009, and felt in love with it. It was producing those shiny glowing snapshots you can't get your eyes away from. In cold frosty November of 2011  I thought "it's time to upgrade to a newer and better one", and it was D7000. Yeah, I loved that one too. Zillions of options, HQ images, all that jazz... But when my daughter comes back from her  trips to Costa Rica, Maldives or Dominican Republic full of impressions and bringing back hundreds of snapshots made by good ole D40, I look at those snapshots and feel jealous - they are so damn good! Recently, when my kids told me "Why don't sell d40 and get something newer like D5100 instead", I said "Come on, look at those beautiful pictures. Compare to the ones produced by D7k. Do you really want to sell it for something like $200-300?" So we still have it, this gem of Japanese engineering. We won't sell it. You can't sell your faithful companion with all those amazing memories in the past. No way.

-- hide signature --

'For an idea that does not at first seem insane, there is no hope.' -- Albert Einstein

Scorpio_2005's gear list:Scorpio_2005's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow