help me buy a good slr camera

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
jaison007
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: help me buy a good slr camera
In reply to Guidenet, Jan 23, 2013

Guidenet wrote:

Jason, if you're serious about learning, I'd be looking at a Pentax K30, Nikon D90 or D7000, or a Canon 60D. I don't know the Sony line well enough to choose something equivalent. The above cameras are a notch above entry level allowing for better ease in learning photography.

Let's say a Nikon D7000 with the excellent 18-105 VR lens to start with. If that's too high, try to find a D90 or drop back to a D5100. Now, you really need to spend the time mastering that one lens and one camera. You need to learn exposure and composition.

For exposure, I'd really learn the Zone System of photography. If you can find The Camera by Ansel Adams and really learn all the parts that apply to modern photography, you'll be ahead of the pack. You might also read Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. For composition, I like The Photographer's Eye. I don't remember the author. Really learn this information, not just look through it all. Study it and use it every day. Learn how to look at a scene and know the possible exposures.

I'd also suggest taking an illustration course and maybe a painting course. It will help you develop your eye for composition. Learn perpective drawing as well. Develop a cultured taste for Opera and Ballet. Sound, story and continuity. Learn to visualize your creations and then create them.

Good luck and really buld on a passion for all this. Have fun.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

thanks for ur hekp & thoughts.

what about canon 550d, weather this will be gud for basics & which lens is gud?

please advise.

-- hide signature --

Learning Stage.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow