Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gisligun
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Field camera look on photos with m43
Jan 23, 2013

Hi and sorry for my English, its not my main language.

I read an interesting article here on dpreview about imitating field camera look on photos from smaller digital sensors by splicing together mutable photos to create larger, and hopefully richer, files.

This in my opinion is interesting if indeed it works.

Now i am by no means a professional, or even advanced, photographer but i know my way around the camera and i understand most of the basics.

But i was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this here on the forum and if they could share some does and dont's about taking these kind of photos, and even if it is relay worth it in the long run...

One of the good things about this kind of photography in my opinion is that it abels you to use your sharpest lens and take wide - or even ultra wide photos with out the distortion in the edge.

Ps, im not talking about panoramas.

Here is an small example, where i tested this while walking to work. Its handheld and i wasn't exactly trying my best just testing it quickly. Light lightroom work done on the raw files before merger.

The original .jpg is linked here, but warning its a 36mp photo and about 40mbs.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1396807/Esja%20Field%20II.jpg

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow