DxOMark publishes 85mm 1.8g test results: The Best 85mm?

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
paulski66
Senior MemberPosts: 2,106Gear list
Like?
Re: DxOMark publishes 85mm 1.8g test results: The Best 85mm?
In reply to Stacey_K, Jan 23, 2013

Stacey_K wrote:

Ed_arizona wrote:

I think DXO is overrated,

But then for the people who make their purchase choices based on said site's results, I guess it does make sense they would link to that site as confirmation.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

I hope you're not talking about me.

I bought the 85mm 1.8g the day it came out back in February. My local camera shop was one of the first in the U.S. to have it available, and well before there were any reviews for it out there. Personally, I think it is an excellent lens, though not without flaws.

I, too, think that there are limitations in the DxO mark testing methodologies, and my guess is that they would agree. I merely posted the link because I stumbled across it and thought others might be interested.

As to whether I think these test results are definitive or the gospel from on high: Well, I did place a question mark at the end of my thread title now, didn't I?

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow