Started Jan 22, 2013 | Questions thread
starman1969
Senior MemberPosts: 2,150Gear list
Like?
Re: Is my 300mm f4 a write off
In reply to FrankG, Jan 23, 2013

FrankG wrote:

starman1969 wrote:

On top of a hill in very windy weather a gust of wind sent it crashing to the ground with a sickening thud & my d7000 with it.

The camera is ok but the lens took the full force of the fall and split into two pieces. The chassis has split completely. Would a repair be at all possible?

Maybe if not I could claim on my house insurance.

-- hide signature --

They are watching us......

Looks pretty nasty!

You could try contacting Fixation UK (www.fixationuk.com) to see if it might be possible to repair and if so get an estimate. However I suspect that it could be pretty expensive! If your insurance policy covers it, especially if new for old, then personally I would go for an insurance replacement.

Frank

Hi Frank. Looks like its a total loss because I can't claim on the house insurance. I will have to update this.

I have listed it on eBay as spares or repair. I'll probably get a little bit for it but I'll have to just do without until I have enough funds for a new one.

Thanks to all who replied.

-- hide signature --

They are watching us......

starman1969's gear list:starman1969's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow