Best MILC for Complete Photography Novice

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zensu11
Contributing MemberPosts: 961Gear list
Like?
Re: Best MILC for Complete Photography Novice
In reply to Chas2, Jan 23, 2013

Chas2 wrote:

If you can, you should handle the cameras, and understand their size and bulk. Any of these cameras will be larger than your Canon, but certainly smaller and lighter than any DSLR. Any of these cameras will be way more trouble to use than your iPhone, but the results can be a lot better...just don't expect miracles in low light without a fast (large maximum aperture lens) lens and some technique.

Listen to Chas2, this is good advice especially the quote I've taken out of context because to me it is one of the most important. I've been an amateur photographer sine my Dad placed his 35mm camera   in my small hands, that was 50 years ago! Nothing can replace the actual handling of the camera with lens expecially today with much more control buttons, dials, and wheels! One Micro 4/3's camera I was handling in the store drove me crazy. Every time I turned on the camera and held it out to look at the LCD my thumb hit the movie record button! It was not a poor design because this camera is a top seller and many pro's use it for their casual shooting, so the problem is obviously in the way I hold a camera. A little thing like this can only be avoided by going to a store and handling the camera with your own hands.

Good luck on your decision!

Zensu11's gear list:Zensu11's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow