Sony also admits that 16mm F2.8 is a total failure

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bill McClung
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,364
Like?
Re: Sony also admits that 16mm F2.8 is a total failure
In reply to verybiglebowski, Jan 23, 2013

Totally agree. Size is very much a relative thing. Throughout my photographic years, I have gone from Speed Graphics to multiple medium format cameras to various Nikon digital SLRs. I ran a part-time wedding photography business for 24 years. When I saw how good my NEX-7 was, I sold my Nikon D300 and most of the Nikon lenses. My NEX-7 may not be the smallest/lightest camera on the market and I certainly didn't buy it hoping it would fit in my pocket. But, compared to carrying around that D300 and attendant heavy glass, the NEX is a lightweight!

Would I use the NEX-7 to do weddings (informally, as I'm retired from the business)? Take a look at the image below, taken last weekend (as a wedding guest), and you be the judge. It was taken, hand-held, using the NEX7's in-camera HDR feature.  By the way, this image was made from less than 25% of the original image file.  I only had the Sony/Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 E-mount lens with me.  You have to love that 24 megapixel sensor!

-- hide signature --

Bill McClung (a.k.a. 'NC BILL')
Image galleries at www.pbase.com/nc_bill
NEVER BE AFRAID TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.
REMEMBER, AMATEURS BUILT THE ARK.
PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow