Future of Four-Thirds

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
OM User
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Re: Size matters, doesn't it?
In reply to dave gaines, Jan 23, 2013

I hear lost of people say that they need a bigger camera [than the OM-D EM-5 for example] to balance the SHG lenses. Although I understand this, people managed in the old days of OM film SLRs with large lenses so it acn't be all doom and gloom. On the positive side a proper "pro OM-D" needs a high capacity battery (yet another battery format) which means a larger physical size than any of the current offerings, and 2 SD-card slots with simultaneous write to both. Both these things imply a larger camera than the EM-5. I'm expecting something more in the E-XX size bracket than the E-X but no doubt there will be an add on grip with extra battery capacity and battery fail over from one to the other.

There's also no reason why another new 4/3rds-MFT adapter could be designed that once bayonet fitted then has screws or clamps into the new camera body to make a really solid 4/3rds mount.

Olympus get their "small size" that they seem to be aiming for, MFT and 4/3rds compatability, and users get the "large size" they clamour for. Win-win?

OM User's gear list:OM User's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow