12-35 unimpressive as a landscape lens

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,891Gear list
Like?
Re: 12-35 unimpressive as a landscape lens
In reply to Shirozina, Jan 23, 2013

Shirozina wrote:

With it's high price tag I was expecting much from this lens on my GH3 but the edge resolution is disappointing under 25mm where my 14-45 is better at a fraction of the price. I shoot mainly at F8 and would expect any wide open edge losses to be resolved when stopped down but doing this on the 12-35 does very little. I was about to buy a 35-100 as well but was stopped when I started to read reports and see tests showing a similar so-so edge performance so this may simply be the design compromise of these lenses. On the plus side it has fast AF, weather sealed, fast aperture, a good solid feel and not bad edge resolution at 35mm. Think I'll sell it unless it's simply a bad copy.

Its a good a lens. Are you talking about what it looks like on your computer screen or did you actually make a print? If you made a print what printer and what paper did you use? How large of print did you make.

If you have not the best eye sight as discussed with the GH-3 I have read complaints about the viewfinder and the GH-3 viewfinder is fine. So vision could be a factor.

If you monitor is not calibrated and or too old their is a good chance that is a contributing factor.

If you plan on doing any quality video with the GH-3 you need a constant f-stop lens especially for a zoom lens for best results.

I had the 14-45 and sold it for me it was worth it to get the 12-35.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow