Sony RX1 My thoughts after 1 week (Images)

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,937
Like?
Sony RX1 My thoughts after 1 week (Images)
Jan 23, 2013

Well as many of you may know I have had several camaera's and never found one that has ticked all the boxes. So much so that I became a compulsive buyer of cameras in search of the perfect camera!

Well for a start this still isn't perfect, shure I would like changable lens and built in EVF, however I simply love this camera. Its the first camera for years that I got excited about and here's why.

I just love the build quality

Its easy to use in all modes

It fairly customisable

It exudes class, not that I do!!!

The IQ is outstanding, and matches the 5DMKIII and Nikon D800 etc at 35mm at least.

I do mainly Landscapes and city stuff so the 35MM range is fine, and the quality of the body is fantastic. The IQ is outstanding and its all in a small compact design, yes its not perfect and some think its expensive, well I dont think it is. Lieca is expensive, 5k+ for a body only.

The EVF was delivered today and my initial thoughts are, its very sharp and the colour looks spot on, ie RED is RED and no smearing. I think its about the same as the A99. One thing I didnt like was the diopter, looks like it could move easy.

Now to the images, I have done some quick samples below.

I noticed the jpg "appeared" to overexpose and I couldn't change that in LR4, but you will see the RAW version had much more headroom.

The RX1 has brought the fun back into photography and yet still produces the quality.

AF is a bit slow in low light but not as slow as some people who have never used it would make you believe.

Anyway, its mainly on back order in the UK so thats not a sign of a poor camera.

Sony Pano Mode

100% crop of above

JPG

RAW Converted in LR4

100% crop

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Sony RX1 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow