LX7 Setup Guide and Tips and Tricks Video

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lobalobo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,772
Like?
Re: LX7 Setup Guide and Tips and Tricks Video
In reply to PhotoCycler, Jan 23, 2013

PhotoCycler wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong. However, I believe the minimum shutter speed setting only applies to Program priority mode and it is not an available option on Manual, Shutter Priority, or Aperture Priority modes. I could be wrong on that though. I don’t have the camera anymore so I can’t double check that.

You are correct. I noticed the same thing a while back. The minimum shutter is available in program mode, but not aperture priority, so the previous poster's question about using aperture priority with minimum shutter speed isn't even possible.

This strikes me as absurd design by Panasonic. For all the reasons the OP said, it would be nice to set aperture and minimum shutter and let the ISO float.  I suppose Panasonic thinks that once you've gone this far, manual exposure is the likely choice, and indeed that's what I'll do from now on.--I'll set the shutter speed and ISO then use that ring as needed to adjust aperture as lighting conditions change from shot to shut.  Not a bad approach, come to think of it.  Thanks to all.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow