Future of Four-Thirds

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
Historicity
Regular MemberPosts: 321Gear list
Like?
Re: Future requirements
In reply to SteveS58, Jan 23, 2013

SteveS58 wrote:

This conversation pretty much boils down to 2 points of view, as we keep seeing over and over:

1.) I've made my investment in Olympus four thirds equipment. I'm very happy with the results I'm getting. I'm hoping that Olympus at the end of 2013 comes through with a new camera that will accommodate and maximize my zuiko glass. There's no rush to make any changes.

2.) I feel like Olympus abandoned me by dropping four thirds and focusing on micro four thirds. I'm disappointed that I can't use my Zuiko lenses to their best advantage on micro four thirds cameras. My investment continues to drop. From the sidelines, I continue to see improvements in technology by other manufacturers.

So there will be those who hold on, and those who continue to depart. Bottom line is that a camera is only a tool. Each of us has to determine how much of a difference a new tool will make, and the effect that will have on our pocket book.

I feel very tied to Olympus, as I've been using their cameras for over 10 years, quite happily. So I will continue to use my E-30. At the same time, I'm considering buying a second system to compliment what I'm doing.

Steve,

What you describe "boils down to" a 3rd point, and you will find that point in my note as well, i.e., keeping your Olympus cameras but adding a "second system."  In my case I've added two weatherproofed Pentax cameras because I hike and am often in bad weather.  Your E-30 isn't weatherproofed so presumably you don't needed weatherproofing and so would probably opt for a different system than the one I've chosen.

Lawrence

Historicity's gear list:Historicity's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-500 +43 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow