Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mironv
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,705Gear list
Like?
Very cold very bad focus ???? D700
Jan 23, 2013

I have and use D700 for over 3 years never needed to fine tune AF for any lens but past few outings shooting Bold Eagles in cold outdoors made AF complitely inacurate I tuned +20 and it looks like will need another +20 to get criticly sharp focus. My question is if anyone had same observations with cold temps or its maybe coincident and I just need D700 serviced. I was keeping camera over night in a car along with lenses so they don't condensate inside I have bring camera indoors today and will tray to see tommorow if anything change. So anyone that shoots in very cold outdoors for long time can pitch in with some info and observations if they ever had something like that happen. Or maybe this is D800 AF virus spreding to other cameras. I was shooting next to somebody with D800.LOL

-- hide signature --
 mironv's gear list:mironv's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +10 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow