Redundant Lens or Useful Addition to Kit?

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doc Mo
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
Redundant Lens or Useful Addition to Kit?
Jan 23, 2013

Hi, I've been reading and studying on the forums for a couple of months now and have now signed up to engage with the community.

As an introduction...

I'm using a T4i and have the following kit:

• 18-135 stm
  • 55-250 4-5.6 II
  • 70-300 4-5.6 III (non-IS, was a bundle inclusion)
  • 50 1.8
  • 40 2.8 stm

I shoot in AV and M mostly. I * back focus and I like to play around with Mac's live view technique that has been outlined here.

I use a 430exII and use ETTL with FEC when necessary.

I shoot primarily stills, with the occasional 30-120 sec video of the kids/people when applicable.

My subject is mostly kids and family and my style would be akin to photo journalistic in execution. I attend lots of public events (family events, public rallies, pow-wows - that sort of thing) and I mostly capture people. I have a balanced mix of indoor and outdoor setting.

In looking at my photos, I find that my favorite shots tend to occur in the 27-85mm range (on crop).

Recently, I had a spark to pick up the 15-85 that's talked about frequently. In your opinions, would that lens help increase my outcomes (assuming I understand exposure and composition) or do you think that it is redundant with the 18-135 stm?

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!

DocMo

Doc Mo's gear list:Doc Mo's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow