Tree and Moon (Thanks Carl)

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
BrewLab
Contributing MemberPosts: 600Gear list
Like?
Re: Tree and Moon (Thanks Carl)
In reply to cgarrard, Jan 23, 2013

cgarrard wrote:

Hey bud, it came out pretty darn good from my perspective, it looks best viewed at the full size you uploaded at.

Did you accomplish your goal? If so, I'm happy for you. Persistence married with spontaneity is a beautiful combination that works for me regarding photography. I don't like pressuring myself to do any shot over and over, but I never want to leave a scene where It's not just right.

I know what you mean about being inspired by what someone else does. Sometimes there is something so obvious but so elusive- and others work can release that inside you. It's happened to me from photographers here, in books, in person, on t.v. etc.

Glad to see you so motivated and out shooting.

-Carl

Writer/Editor:
http://www.photographic-central.blogspot.com
http://www.alphamountworld.com

Thanks for the kind words, Carl! Glad you like it. Although, in retrospect, I would have liked to take a different angle, I'm pretty pleased with overall look of the image. I shot it in bright midday sun, and really wasn't sure what, if anything to do with it. Honestly, if I hadn't seen your post I probably would have junked it. It won't win any awards, but it's value is in what I learned while processing it...taking a different approach and how I can use that moving forward. Looking forward to seeing many more of your images.

Thanks again!

Trevor

BTW...I'm probably going to steal that "persistence married with spontaneity" line

BrewLab's gear list:BrewLab's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W150 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow