Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
socal4142
Regular MemberPosts: 154
Like?
new Sigma 19mm on 3c
Jan 23, 2013

Have only had 5 minutes to spend with my new Sigma 19mm on my 3c. I was afraid it would be too wide to be very useful for everyday family photography, but if this shot below an early indication, it's going to do just fine. Will still probably keep the 30mm as the default lens on the camera, but I look forward to having the 19mm along too.

Some of you might be interested to know that I sold my manual focus Nikon 28mm 2.8 AIS to purchase the Sigma $200 deal at B&H. The Nikon is a great lens, but it just never produced pleasing results for me in people photography. I wonder if it might have even been too stinking sharp to be pleasant. I'm sure it would have been a great landscape lens, if I had any time for landscape photography.

Anyway, delighted to have the Sigmas now. So my simple little NEX kit now consists of the c3 + five lenses which I really like:

18-55 kit zoom (good basic all around lens)

Sigma 19mm

Sigma 30mm

Canon FD 50mm 1.8 (I've used Minolta, Pentax, Nikon, and Canon MF lenses with my NEX, and this cheap Canon is definitely my favorite)

Canon FD 85mm 1.8 (the least expensive 85mm I could find, and I love it. It's wonderful)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow