Different brand flash on a Nikon D7000 body.

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
LouCioccio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,612Gear list
Like?
Re: Different brand flash on a Nikon D7000 body.
In reply to DominicSberna, Jan 23, 2013

Dominic,

I haven't been worried about that but you could make a template of construction paper and fit it in the hot shoe with just the center open (possibly like a hole punch). You then would have isolated the small pins.

Another is a hot shoe adapter non-ttl could be added in between till you get a Nikon (compatible) flash.  The high voltage (300 vdc) is in the front of the Oly flash that would take a CO5 cable that IS no longer in production nor is the Olympus High Voltage pack.  So any high voltage is what comes off the capacitor (4-AA) and is not present at the hot shoe.

One of the reasons that I added the D7000 to my 'tool' kit; I had sold off the E1 and E500 as them being the oldest and kept the E520 and E30.

Just OT I have been shooting with my old AI glass and have been very pleased with the results.

Ciao,

Lou Cioccio

LouCioccio's gear list:LouCioccio's gear list
Olympus E-30 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow