Forum ProPosts: 32,546Gear list
Like?
Re: Found the images from Pentax Forum that ASR45 mentioned
In reply to marike6, Jan 23, 2013

marike6 wrote:

ASR45 wrote:

marike6 wrote:

Toccata47 wrote:

Aside from that, the difference in output should be down to software mostly, no?

I suppose it is the same lens as the XZ-1 and XZ-2, but it would seem that Pentax has used it's excellent SMC coatings indicated by the red "SMC" on the filter ring.

And AFAIK, you are correct that it's the same 12mp 1/1.7" BSI CMOS sensor from Sony which is an very good performer at lower ISO settings. Haven't been able to convert any of the DNGs but the ISO 100 image of the church (that have impressive sharpness, colors and detail) unfortunately, but even a couple of the ISO 1600 images at night look good.

Left a message for you, dont know if you read it but linking URLs domain named websites dont work DPR does not allow it, you cannot do it, a red box stops this saying so, if not i would have linked it. As i say if you google pentax forums, you will find the link pertaining to this very easy. But dont tell me to do something which i have tried and dont let me.

ASR45,

These must be the ones you are talking about. Just click on the first link returned by the Google search in the link below. The title of the link is "Some quick snaps from the new MX-1 camera.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Some+quick+snaps+with+the+new+MX-1+Camera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

They look good, and some like the orchid and parrot closeups look excellent. Not full-size, but we can at least see a little more from the MX-1. The only thing about these samples that I'm not crazy about is the Sony colors. I've seen the same from the XZ-2 samples, and to my eyes, the colors aren't quite as nice as the Fuji X10 colors. But other than that they look very nice indeed. Thanks, ASR45. Thanks everybody.

Glad you found them, looks promising although i believe it was not the final firmware version.  

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Taffy MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow