Does your D800E (D800) still lock up and only solution is to take battery out?

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Questions thread
John Harrison
Contributing MemberPosts: 578
Like?
Re: Does your D800E (D800) still lock up and only solution is to take battery out?
In reply to amateurphotographer, Jan 23, 2013

amateurphotographer wrote:

Hi folks, if you have a D800E, just trying to find out (out of curiosity) whether your D800E still occasionally locks up and the only way to fix it is to take out the battery. Mine still does!

Am using firmware A 1.00 B 1.01 and L 1.006. Thought the last firmware was meant to resolve this issue.

I am mainly in manual mode when shoot and not even using burst shooting. I actually don't recall all my setting when the camera freezes as usually there is a bit of a panic and I take the battery out straight away and put it back in. Luckily the freeze hasn't taken place at any critical moments during work.

Am using Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB SD and Extreme Pro 32GB CF.

Any suggestions for temp fixes welcomed, besides using a different camera

Also I guess this question also applies to D800's.

Finally I saw on Nikon Rumours a possible new firmware coming out, but no further news on this.

Cheers in advance.

Hi

I have a D800E and it has never locked up on me once. I find it quite strange that something that happens to a few people suddenly become a cause for concern and an issue.

If everybody's cameras locked up all the time it would be a different thing.

John

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow