Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM from B&H, Dusty, Lose Cap?

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davidmail811
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM from B&H, Dusty, Lose Cap?
Jan 23, 2013

Hello! Recently I have bought the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM from B&H, My original excitement faded away and I became disappointed when I unpacked the box and found that the actual lens is dusty ( minor dusts on the lens elements, both front and back), and the lens cap was not tightened on the lens barrel. It seems to me that someone have returned this lens, and B&H simply tossed it back to their inventory and sold me as brand new.

I have ordered several other items from B&H photo before, include one Canon powershot G11 Camera back in 2010 and a Sony professional headphone in 2011, and they all had some kind of problem, like dusts, visible  signs of USE, or MISSING internal packaging.

As a regular customer, I don't want to take the extra hassle and write about the seller on the web, but their deceiving practice of selling  USED products as New and hoping to get by those careless customers is what made me upset and unhappy. the waiting time ( their UPS ground shipping takes about 2 weeks back and forth if I needed it exchanged) is too long and they are not willing to offer expedited shipping to reduce the waiting time, unless I pay extra money, even if it's their fault .

They are such a successfully business with high reputation, and unlike small mom and pop stores what can not afford product returns, they have the resources and money to make sure customers receive what they have promised and reduce their 15 day exchange shipping time.  I believe their practices in recent years do not deserve our trust and the reputation we gave to them.

SIMPLY PUT, it is ILLEGAL under federal laws to deceive the customer and intentionally sell used items as brand new, over and over again. I know businesses all want Profits, but how much would they lose given the pretty high mark up on those items and  if they sell them as refurbished with a slight discount?

Have you experienced similar problems from this seller? thanks

Canon PowerShot G11
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow