Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nickbp
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
HP Deskjet 1220c
Jan 23, 2013

Hey gang, I've got some issues with an A3 printer I've picked up rather cheaply ($1) and grabbed some photo paper to give printing at home a whirl. I've seen they're old as the hills and aren't a "photo printer" but anything this will print will be purely personal.

Now I normally print through snapfish etc.. when prints are wanted, and they're always personal. Any business work I've done images are always delivered electronically so I've never had the need for a printer for photos before. It was a time/place thing so I got this printer and it looks in decent condition, brand new inks and I grabbed a set of A4 HP photo-paper just today to give it a whirl at it's "2440x1200dpi".

Now I've only printed as tests before so it's been 'normal quality' which is 600x600dpi at best however this afternoon after I've got the photo-paper, I go into photoshop to rip out a high-res print and it just prints blank!

Googled my print settings (Like I said, new to the printing game). I've got Photoshop doing the colour management, B&W image so I've got sGray as my profile, Relative colourmetric and black point compensation sorted.. It all seems to be what's the best choice by a few walk-throughs I read! The printer is printing like it's doing it's thing also which is bizzare, it's like it just can't eject the ink.

Details are: Windows 7 machine with latest updates. Printer is connected via USB. Printing is testing through Photoshop CS6. I've even tried selecting HP Photo Paper (gives 1200x1200dpi) via a high-res jpeg on Windows Preview and that wont print either... Done the usual remove, reinstall. Tried different USB ports in case they're dodge - which they aren't. Haven't tried LPT yet, only because my PC doesn't have an LPT port!

Any ideas for me printer guru's?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow