ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ch382
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
D800 Single-point AF vs. Normal AF
Jan 23, 2013

Hey guys,

Just curious... Any wedding or event photogs out there.. (Happy to hear from other photogs too!), specially in regards to the D800- how do you shoot weddings? In terms of AF?

I have found with a Nikon 24-70mm 2.8 I get a lot better focus if I select the focus point myself.. Be it far-right or center, etc... It doesn't seem to nail all the shots if it's on automatic 51-pt as much as the general 'you-tell-it-where-to-go' style AF..

Do you guys find the same?

The main question is what is your preference when shooting events or weddings in this regard? In particularly with the D800 if any one out there uses it for that... Do you set automatic AF? Or do you like to manually select where to focus?

I'm just thinking obviously selecting manual would not be the best approach when you're quick firing in such an event and Auto would be better.. But does anyone else find this or is it just me?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Charlie.

ch382's gear list:ch382's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow