D800 RAW Primary, JPEG Secondary weirdness!

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Questions thread
ch382
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Re: it is an estimate.
In reply to Art Jacks, Jan 23, 2013

Art Jacks wrote:

I have my CF card set for primary use for best quality nef files, my 16Gb card gives an estimate of 200 shots which seems pretty accurate, i think the estimated figure is conservative for two reasons, each image capture will have a variation in file size depending on the subject and the legal side of thing, if they promised 200 and only delivered 180 there would be some who would take this to be an issue of the camera company not delivering a camera to the advertised specification. As with yours if I remove the CF card the display shows 400 nef shots available on the 32 Gb card, I will go away and read my manual as I had not considered this issue before as normally I have spare CF cards with me and the SD card is a last resort backup if I am caught short ! I have no problems with SD cards but this is he first camera I have owned with a SD slot, the D100,D200 and D700 not having the second slot.

Hey Art, thank you for your reply.

I just don't understand why It detects the 64gb when I pull out the CF just fine- but when they are both in there, it only shows 707 shots- even though I have 64+32! I shoot events and generally get no more than 1200 shots- in which case the 64gb was going to suit me JUST fine for RAWS.. Now with it saying 707, I'm wondering why I wasted my money on a high-end/large card..

There's gotta be something not in the manual to explain this weirdness!! :/

ch382's gear list:ch382's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow