Started Jan 23, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nush
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Help! New to the NEX world.
Jan 23, 2013

Hi all, I'm new to the NEX world - and the whole lenses thing (so please be patient with me!) 

I just ordered a NEX6 with the 1650 lens. I was thinking of ordering the 18200LE to go with it (at the moment the lens is down to approx $570 at my local store, so figured it could be a good deal - is it? I have read mixed reviews, but from what I can see there's not much difference between the original and the LE - I would not use it for video). Would this be a good general purpose lens?

I had originally thought of getting the 5R with the 1855, and then getting the 1628pancake with the fish eye and wide angle converters. But now that I have ordered the NEX6, it seems silly to get another 16mm lens just for the converters, or are the effects that amazing that the extra cost of approx $500 is worth it? I have seen that there is a new SEL1018 - the price is a little higher, but can one get the fish eye effect with that?

As I am new to the idea of using interchangeable lenses, I don't have the greatest grasp of what lens you would use for certain pictures, adjusting the settings etc (still trying to figure it out!). I would mainly use the camera for travelling, landscape and general use like portraits. Could you recommend what Sony lenses could be best for such shooting please?

Thank you in advance! 

-N

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow