Lens suggestions for Pentax K-5II

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
mlkind
Forum MemberPosts: 69Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens suggestions for Pentax K-5II
In reply to gigglebagssc, Jan 23, 2013

Well, if you want to simplify, go for primes, zooms offer versatility of course, but primes are so small and that is what Pentax is known for and do really well.  A couple months ago, I took my Pentax k7(recently upgraded to k511)with a da15ltd to the beautiful white rim trail, and mtb'd over 100 miles.  My pentax and da15 would fit in the rear pouch of my riding jersey requiring no extra bags to hold onto.  So simple, ride a mile, see something stellar, take pics, store back in pocket, ride a mile, take out camera, rinse and repeat for hours.  When it came time to get some honest, heartfelt pictures of the people I was with, out came the 77ltd from another pocket.  The key is that it was simple.   And besides, aren't we looking for a unique perspective into the life that we share? Primes do this so wonderfully.  And this is Pentax's strength.

My recommendation would be to get a 77ltd with a body(would be a great lens for concerts).  Shoot it non stop.  Then after a month see what other ltd you can't live without and get it.  Once you get a hold of an ltd prime, you really can't go back to any kit lens, so buying the kit lens really is just that much money you could have used to get another ltd prime.

Once again, just my .2

mlkind's gear list:mlkind's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow