Got my fisheye yesterday!

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
micksh6
Senior MemberPosts: 2,333Gear list
Like?
Re: Good for you! Enjoy it.
In reply to clengman, Jan 23, 2013

clengman wrote:

Ah hah! Here is the demo . It's not exactly as I remembered it. The spot correction works on a circular area of the photo and does stretch or compress everything within that circle. Still, it looks like a nice piece of software.

It's an interesting program, but I don't think it's still being developed, it's probably abandoned. There is similar mouse interface in Hugin, you probably can do everything what this program does in Hugin, except local corrections, perhaps. And I'm not sure about value of local corrections. Although, I only briefly tried Panini-Pro.

That projection rotation will be useful when during framing you fail to make straight horizontal line to go exactly through image center (when you wanted it to, in many cases it's a good thing).

Another very interesting software is adaptive wide angle filter in Photoshop CS6, but it's expensive. Don't know any direct substitutes for that. With this filter you can define which lines to straighten.

But, in most cases Hugin will be enough for everything. I use just Fisheye Hemy in Paint Shop Pro X4, and sometimes PSP built-in defishing just for simplicity and speed. Didn't research much more, except Hugin, which I rarely use only to correct framing mistakes - that horizontal line coming through center.

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow