Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davidjlee
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
RX1 and RX100 comparison shots
Jan 23, 2013

Like others, I've found the RX1 and RX100 to be great companion cameras. The RX100 fits in a back pocket and the zoom is extremely useful. The RX1 produces quality shots that the RX100 can't touch.

This thread is for those who have an RX100 and are on the fence about the RX1. For me, the difference is worth it for shots like this. I took these pictures in P mode prior to sunrise. The RX1 used a higher ISO and shutter speed. Even at 10x the ISO the RX1 image has less noise. The faster shutter speed on the RX1 may have contributed to the sharper image.

I used Lightroom to process from RAW to JPGs 2560 pixels tall with as close to the same look as possible. The resolving power of the RX1 is much better.

These pictures don't show the difference in depth of field between the cameras -- many other threads cover that, and clearly the RX1 gives you much more control.

RX1

RX100

Crop in the lower-right

Crop at the top

davidjlee's gear list:davidjlee's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow