Waiting for the D400? You're not alone...

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
tommiejeep
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,698
Like?
Re: Funny thing about the D600...
In reply to JimPearce, Jan 23, 2013

Hi Jim, if the local distributor had been able to deliver on time I would have bought the D800.   A couple of days ago I was willing to live with the fps, 1/4000 and AF of the D600 but , after some digging, I found that it does not have the  -2EV AF.  Nikon India is really sticking to the list prices now so the D800 is about $3200.

I was actually thinking about the D600, 16-35vr and 24-120 f4 for an up-coming 3 week trip to Turkey (trying to shed some pounds ) and then using it for low light birds on the 500vr.

I will be very disappointed if a D300/s replacement does not have the latest AF and at least 7/8 fps.  Interesting that the MB-D14on the D600 doesn't give any increase in fps (unless I've missed it) so 5.5 is what you get.

What I really want is a Dx with better ISO for shooting soccer in tandem with the D3S.  The D300s works well for the first half of the late afternoon/early evening matches but I have to shift to the D700 for the second half.

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Anticipate the Light and wing it when you get it wrong
Tom
http://taja.smugmug.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow