Should Lumix users buy the Olympus 75mm lens?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
rladd
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Re: Lenses are more important than bodies. Do you really think that...
In reply to Corkcampbell, Jan 23, 2013

Really good points... thanks. I actually do video, Adobe Premiere editing, etc., esp. for my job. BUT my first love is still photography.  And you are right. There is something lovely about a wide aperture telephoto prime lens.  It would be nice if  Panasonic would put one out with IS but that seems unlikely since they would be up against the Olympus 75 which many say is the sharpest mft lens available. I'm torn, which means I shouldn't buy anything for awhile.

Is the OMD way better in IQ for stills than the GH2 or is it close?  (just curious)

Corkcampbell wrote:

...that you realize the potential of the GH3 with a budget zoom (45-150)? You've already shown an interest in quality bokeh, so why give that up for something you already have?

I suggest you try the lens - I use it on my GH2, although my primary stills camera is an OM-D. If you don't want to go there, spend the money on a refurb or used OM-D so you can start enjoying all of the lenses available now and in the future for the m4/3 system. Unless you really need the video capabilities of the GH3, why buy another body that lacks IS? You'll just keep facing the same problem every time someone like Oly or Sigma bring out prime lenses that would be more flexible with in-body IS.

If I had a sedan, but also wanted to take advantage of off-road fun, I wouldn't buy another sedan just because someone on a forum didn't like his or her jeep.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow