Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NickR
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
In on the Panasonic G3 deal
Jan 23, 2013

I just got in on the Panasonic G3 body deal at B&H.

I bought an Olympus EPL-2 and like most things about the camera except the image quality when there's a large dynamic range (though the button/controls are somewhat fiddly).  I'm shooting RAW, and even looking at the shadows cross eyed results in huge amounts of shadow noise, even at base ISO.

I've played with the G3 in the store, and I like how it handles, seems to have a lot of control options.  The touch screen seems nice, but I imagine I'll use the viewfinder mostly. I like the 2 function buttons.  Looking at the high ISO RAWs is comparison on DPReview, they look better than the Olympus.  I'm hopeful that the images will stick together a little better with processing.

I have a Nikon D7000, so that's my comparison point.  I really like the Micro 4/3rds size when I want to do some serious photography but I'm not necessarily on a photo trip (i.e with a non-photographer).

I have an almost all Panasonic set of lenses- 14mm 2.5, 25 1.4 and 45-200 OS. Oh and the 14-42 Olympus II zoom which I don't use.

Anyone have a G3, and have any tips?

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow