Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,294Gear list
Like?
Show us a few of your X-trans photos
Jan 23, 2013

Various versions of this thread have failed in the past but I keep coming back to it. There is a lot of discussion but always room for a few more photos. Please post a few of your X-trans photos taken with X-Pro1 or X-E1 so we can all enjoy your vision.

I got this one yesterday with my X-E1. The airport is Washington DC Reagan National Airport. Just to the north of it is a park called Gravelly Point. Incoming and sometimes outgoing planes fly directly overhead. There is plenty of engine noise and you can hear the swishing of air turbulence in the wake of the planes. It's a favorite place for plane spotters, boaters, and bicycle riders. The 16x9 crop works well here because I'm able to eliminate some of the distracting foreground.

Planes were arriving and leaving but usually there was much more gap (in time) between them. This shot shows a plane landing just as one has taken off. After the shot I was able to watch the pilot dealing with some turbulence on the runway as he set down his plane. Of course it is very hard to tell, not being in the plane myself.

I used the 18-55 kit lens for this and it seems to be quite sharp edge to edge. Pro-Neg Hi, with additional processing in Photoshop Elements.

This one was from the day before. I went for a walk through another park, Fort Ward Park in Alexandria, Virginia. It is the dead of winter here and almost all the trees are bare, but right at the entrance was a tree full of leaves and flowers. This is one of the flowers, against the bareness of a nearby plant which is only sticks for the winter. I like the colors and the clarity of this flower. The sun was shining brightly on this flower. Again, the 18-55 kit lens, close focus, handheld. It would make a very nice print I think.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow