Viewing & controlling Lumix GH3 camera using Android smart phone or Android tablet

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Francis Carver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093Gear list
Like?
Re: Viewing & controlling Lumix GH3 camera using Android smart phone or Android tablet
In reply to Rambalac, Jan 22, 2013

Rambalac wrote:

You can start video with stop-timer. Application is not working while camera is recording video, you cannot see remote video and you cannot stop video remotly (except separate remote release control for 2.5mm connector)

Remote video you can see on your mobile device is VGA(640x480) or QVGA. You can controll all parameters that you can control with camera touchscreen, but you cannot remotly switch modes that can be switch only with dials like single, burst, bracketing, timer or PASM. Though when you are in some mode you can fully control it, like select bracketing interval in bracketing mode.

Thanks for the heads-up, Rambalac. Tht is nice, i suppose, but all I had wanted to do was to watch an acceptable resolution on a wirelessly connected device image before, during, and after recording a video clip, as well as to START and STOP video recording from said device at will.

Unfortunately, the GH3 hooked to an Android OS device will not let me do this, maybe it will down the line.

I was also told that if you control the camera wirelessly, then the camera at the same time will not output a live view image to a connected EVF or monitor via HDMI.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow