Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
RGBaker
Contributing MemberPosts: 524Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it just me...?
In reply to dellaaa, Jan 22, 2013

dellaaa wrote:

Hi,

Sorry, but locking the Tri Navi wheels and control dial does not disable the control wheel from it's exposure compensation function, it is always active, which is as big a problem for me as the video button.

IMHO, a real photographer had very little input to the user interface of the NEX7, I find the controls of this camera to be the worst that I have ever used. On paper the system seems ok, but in practice the controls are fiddely, easy and not easy to move, they move when you don't want them to move and don't move when you do. The control wheel in particular should have been made with more positive detents.

Last week I was out shooting in the cold and for the 3rd or 4th time since I've owned the camera, I would have loved to just smash it. This has never happened with any other camera that I have owned and I have owned many cameras.

The lock button does exactly what you'd expect -- it locks out the three control dials/wheels.  Including the exposure compensation function.  I have the camera in my hand right now -- that's exactly what it does.
I don't use the lock mode often, I don't have the problem referred to here -- when the image is too dark, or out of focus ... I refrain from pressing the shutter release.  That's just me -- I only 'take' the picture I like.  But for those that are concerned about touching dials and making adjustments they don't intend, just use the lock.  It works.
Cheers,
GB

RGBaker's gear list:RGBaker's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow