Anyone annoyed that the Nikon D5100 camera will NOT autofocus with some Nikon lenses?

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ScottHullinger
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Anyone annoyed that the Nikon D5100 camera will NOT autofocus with some Nikon lenses?
Jan 22, 2013

I replaced my old Fuji DSLR camera, which accepts Nikon lenses.   And now I have a Nikon D5100 camera, which seems like a good enough camera, except that it won't do autofocus with the two Nikon de-focus image control lenses which I own!  Why the hell not?

Well, answering "why" might be a waste time.

So ... which relatively new Nikon DX cameras of a similar megapixel rating actually ARE capable of autofucusing with those two lenses I mentioned up above?   I've been seriously considering the Nikon D7000 camera.   So are those two cameras similar in most ways, including image quality?  With the exception that I HOPE the D7000 can actually do autofocus with those lenses I mentioned up above?    Any help sure would be appreciated!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WhyNew
noNew
HowNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow