Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrTaikitso
Contributing MemberPosts: 670Gear list
Like?
Test shot actually shows off terrific IQ of 5R
Jan 22, 2013

I was fiddling with my 5R (18-55) and thought I would see how it coped shooting a boring but colour difficult subject, namely, the edge of the table I was working at. The only light source was a cheap halogen desk lamp, and it was dark outside, so there is no other source of light.

Viewed the photo on my 23" Dell (colour accurate) monitor and was very impressed! Clean as a (freshly wiped) babies bottom - at ISO 2000. Even if you pixel peep, it appears clean and detailed.

The auto white balance coped well too. (I do find that the NEX, like the GH2 I had before, fail to cope with incandescent lighting, creating that jaundiced look. Hence I use manual WB in such conditions.)

Anyway, going to find it hard to go back to 4/3rds if this sensor keeps impressing like this! (Original plan was to use the NEX as a stop gap prior to a GH3, but being the 5R has survived multiple wettings AND droppings in the British snow, it seems to be unintentionally weather proof too!)

Dull still life test shot ends up impressing

MrTaikitso's gear list:MrTaikitso's gear list
Samsung EX2F +1 more
NEX5R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow