Perhaps some interesting info on the latest 24mp sensor.

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,367Gear list
Like?
Re: Good grief Kerry...
In reply to axcentphoto, Jan 22, 2013

axcentphoto wrote:

For my type of shooting, I don't need 10 fps ( I shoot old cars, landscapes and studio work ). Nore do I need super high ISO ( I'm outside or in the studio ). I would like 24 MP, It seems like a managable size, my PP skils are not great so I don't want 75 MB files. But for me, it's looking like a new D800, yes it's $1000 more than the D400 (?) and 2.8 glass is expensive, but good glass last longer than "the latest Technology" Hopefully we will have a D400 answer soon...Brent

Sounds to me like the d5200 would work just fine for what you want, or the replacement for the d7000.  I have a d5100 and d7k and they're working fine for me, in the scenarios you are talking about.  I actually prefer the d5100 for many things, due to the swivel screen, which allows me to use the camera in ways that I can't use my other cameras with the VF.  Of course, the d800 will also work just fine for those things, but it is rather expensive.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow