Godfrey
Forum ProPosts: 27,214
Like?
Re: GR Digital V has an APS-C sensor
In reply to JacquesBalthazar, Jan 22, 2013

JacquesBalthazar wrote:

Godfrey wrote:

re: the mention of Leica X1/X2

I've been using my X2 an awful lot because of the stunning quality photos it makes, along with its very compact size and excellent controls, so Ricoh producing a competitor of Comparable quality can only be a good thing.

-- hide signature --

the X2 is great but does not slip into a jean or shirt pocket. It is coat pocketable at best. The GR1 and GRD have always had the same thin footprint. Great quality in that footprint is very likely the single main cause for its ongoing success. Maintaining that footprint would have been possible with a 1" sensor, not with APS. Might still be a fantastic product, but it would not be a GRD.

Fits in my jeans and cargo pants pocket, or in the pocket of my vest. Not that I ever keep a camera in my pocket.

I never said it would be a GRD. But if they go to a larger sensor, the lens will have to be bigger to provide adequate coverage. For me, this would be a good thing. I've never wanted a GRD because of the tiny sensor. The GXR with A12 28mm is a better camera for my uses than a GRD.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow