New Zealand is currently the most 'free' country on earth.

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
PhD4
Senior MemberPosts: 3,616
Like?
Re: question
In reply to edwardaneal, Jan 22, 2013

edwardaneal wrote:

Shunda77 wrote:

I never mentioned parks.

A New Zealander's birthright is freedom of access to almost every river, stream, lake front, beach front, you name it. You can fish, hunt, fly your plane, ride your bike, do whatever you like with very few areas restricted to the general public.

As I understand it, the USA (and the UK for that matter) has much of the best areas tied up in private property with no default right of access.

Though I do note a recent upsurge in Rich Americans and British trying to violate our rights when they purchase property here.

They don't get very far with that attitude though.

so are you saying that you dont have the freedom to put a fence around your own property?

or are you saying that you dont have the freedom to actually own your own property

I think he thinks people can actually own the beach in front of their property... and is using that as some slam against America.

Someone is learning from the wrong people.

Shunda... don't get your US facts and figures from a Brit or European... if you want anything factual.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow