Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robin Empson
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
I Need Someone Smart To Solve This
Jan 22, 2013

I have researched & researched and tried all sorts of tricks to resolve this printing problem I am having with Windows 8.

I have two photo printers (HP all-in-one & Epson r1900) that both print beautifully. One is wireless and one is USB.  I had to get a new PC in December with Windows 8.  I use Photoshop CS5.  When I first set up my new PC, I followed website instructions for both printers to install Windows 8 drivers and found my printing results on both printers to be less than acceptable, both printing dark and murky.  Played with all sorts of printer settings and CS5 settings.  Finally in exasperation, I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything.  Worked like a charm.  Beautiful results for about six weeks.

Then it began again a couple of weeks ago, much darker and murkier prints than what I am seeing on my calibrated monitor screen.  Time to troubleshoot - I took a bright, colorful picture and printed it to both printers with like results, dark and just plain drab.  I used that same file, moved it to a USB drive and put in on my Windows 7 laptop and printed from CS5 to both printers.  Both printed off beautiful results as usual from Windows 7.

So I think, perhaps I need to rule out CS5 with Windows 8 and see if that is the problem.  I take the same file from the jump drive, go back to my Windows 8 machine, use Windows Picture Manager and select print, when the print dialogue screen comes up and it shows a print preview of the picture, at that time, the picture becomes much darker and looks the same as what is coming off the printer. So I am seeing that on my monitor.

Now I think there must be something in Windows 8 that is rendering the picture to the print spool and that is what is causing this whole ordeal.  But I can't go any farther because I have no idea what is causing this or even how to fix it?

ANY GURU OUT THERE?

Thanks a million.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow