eaa
eaa
Senior MemberPosts: 1,845Gear list
Like?
Re: Future requirements
In reply to pris, Jan 22, 2013

pris wrote:

LOL Erik, in that list you largely described E-5 with new sensor

Hehe, not necessarily. I describe some physical traits of the body which resembles the E-5 construction and ergonomics, yes.  But the innards, the viewfinder, the sensor, the mount and so forth may very well be m4/3 DNA.

I too would be perfectly content with updated E-5 endowed with OMD goodies. But I secretly hope for something more exciting - say, combo viewfinder with electronic overlay? Imagine WYSIWYG tone curve correction, real time long exposure shot development...

Me too, me too

There are of course a lot of advantages w/ a mirrorless design, but handling isn't one of them. Portability is, OTH. But should finally an angel from the realm of "one beautiful system" descend onto us from Oly, and a true mirrorless hybrid appear, taking both native 4/3 and m4/3 lenses, and supporting both CDAF and PDAF to boot, we'll have all the flexibility and opportunities we could ever want. Go max IQ w/ HG/SHG zoom lenses, go small and light w/ m4/3 lenses/primes, go tough w/ a rugged sealed body, go fast w/ high FPS/ ISO, go auto w/ a wealth of compatible AF lenses, or go manual with a huge host of manual adapted glass from whatever vendor you like. Provided an adequate EVF (little lag, no jitter, good contrast), good grips, tactile buttons and wheels, and as said, a sturdy micro mount, it will provide one of the most versatile cameras out there. So, with very small reservations, you can count me in on this one :-).

-- hide signature --
 eaa's gear list:eaa's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 35mm 1:3.5 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow