Gun Violence Poll

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
cosmicnode
Contributing MemberPosts: 696Gear list
Like?
Re: Gun Violence Poll
In reply to Great Bustard, Jan 22, 2013

Perhaps I can give a different perspective on what gun control means, I am English, 61 years old and can count the number of times i have seen guns on the fingers of one hand. The last time was 8 years ago and was my then 18 year old son with a assault rifle at his passing out parade, he's now a Sargent serving in Afghanistan. Our police do not have guns either on their person or in their cars, there are specially trained officers who will respond to the few gun incidents that occur. I would not know where to purchase a legal firearm, ie shotguns which can be bought, A workmate owns a shotgun and hunting dogs, which he uses to shoot vermin on farmers feilds. on one occasion whilst out on the town drinking and getting drunk he insulted a policeman and ended up being locked up for the night, the next day his shotgun was confiscated I personally feel a lot safer with this level of gun control than I would If I visited the USA where we hear of many shootings on a daily basis, It seems that it would be very difficult for many Americans to give up your gun culture and not for us to criticize , a difficult subject.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow